Saturday, August 13, 2011

End of the Summer (Part 3 of 3) - Mizzou

Our final project was to present a business plan for a major special event. A major special event is different from a mini-special event in that it is an event that occurs at all the all-you-care-to-eat dining locations (like a Thanksgiving event). The event we created would potentially take place in the Spring semester of 2012. So, we called our project "World Tour 2012." During this event, each all-you-care-to-eat facility will feature a world region. Since there are four, we have - Mediterranean, European, African, and Caribbean. We also created multiple activities to go along with this event to make it more interactive by including social media features. We presented our business plan to the Campus Dining Services Department on our last day. It was a great hit and everyone loved the idea and brought up interesting challenges the event would create. This internship was a great experience and I learned a lot about food services management, more than I would have in any of my classes. I definitely would encourage my peers to apply for a NACUFS internship. The program exceeded my expectations and is an experience that I would never forget.


Special thanks to: Debbie, Julaine, Steve, Eric, all the managers, assistant managers, and sous chefs.

Future interns - if you have any questions at all feel free to contact Sara or me by commenting.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just got selected as one of the interns at Missouri. I am wondering about everything, what to expect, what it's like in Missouri, etc.

    ReplyDelete