Friday, August 5, 2011

University of North Dakota - Week 8!

Today was my last day here at University of North Dakota. This week has been really busy between more menu planning, FoodPro training sessions, making recipe adjustments and the Summer Picnic, as well as finishing up projects and assignments before I leave. Rather than go into detail about everything I did this week, I would really like to just thank everyone here at UND for making me feel welcome and part of their team. They gave me a little goodbye reception after my final evaluation, but I feel like it's really everyone here who should be given the applause for all of their hard work everyday. Many thank yous to all of these fabulous people, and everyone not pictured here who I have gotten to meet here at UND...

Part of the great Wilkerson & Squires staff - special thanks to all the ladies in the red shirts for all the hard work they do out in the dining room, especially with the Summer Picnic this week!
Thanks to Linda, the morning kitchen manager, for all of her kindness and help during the internship. (She's hiding in the middle in the pinkish shirt)

Thanks to my very sweet suitemates in room 309, Eun Ji (Angie, left) and Su Jin (Crystal, right), they are dietetic interns here from South Korea!

Many thanks to my internship coordinator Mary Urbanski, for her guidance and encouragement, and also for giving me the freedom to make my NACUFS experience unique!

Thanks to Sarah, who is not only an awesome person but is also the best student manager ever!

Thanks to the evening managers, Lori (the "crazy broad") and Molly (who is just fabulous!) for being their incredibly fantastic selves.
Thanks also to Dan, the morning production manager, he was off today but I got to say goodbye to him at the Summer Picnic. Thank you for everything that you do!

And last but not least, thank you to Dustin the dietitian here at UND, for all of the encouragement, knowledge and support you've given me this summer!

I was really flattered that my reception featured fresh fruit, dip, and healthy snacks instead of the cake they usually have for interns. Here's to healthy eating for all! I hope that that will be my small imprint on UND, through the nutrition education sessions and Stomping Grounds online nutritional projects that I have had the opportunity to work on.

This has been an incredible journey for me, and I will definitely never forget my summer at the University of North Dakota. Thank you to NACUFS, Ms. Debbie Laupp, Mary Urbanski, Dustin and everyone who has made this experience possible for me.

THANK YOU UND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment