Thursday, July 7, 2011

Anna- KU Week 4!!!



Wow! my time here has been moving so quickly I can not belive it is already half way fininshed. This week was very interesting and I got to meet a bunch of new people and learn a ton of new info. It was also a holiday weekend so I got to see some cool fireworks.
For most of the week I got to work at the busiest retail establishment at KU, The Underground. We got to check out the construction for a small but much needed seating expansion. I hope it will be finished before I leave cause I would love to see what it will look like when its all done!
The folks at The Underground are very cool people, like everyone else here at KUDS. We met with Jason Arnett the manager and discussed what his job is all about and we also talked a bit about the social media project we get to do in order to help KUDS have a better social media presence. We also got tot meet with the assistant manager, Andrea. Later we followed around the different supervisors and saw what their jobs were as far as purchase order, forcasting and handling front of the house operations. We got to work at the Pizza Hut and Chick Fil- A there!! I was so excited to use the pressurized fryer.
Later this week we headed on back to Mrs.E's and tested out two last recipes for our special event, Quinoa Stuffed Peppers and beef empanadas. They came out very good and we only had to make a few adjustments. On friday we also got to attend two meetings. One involved the housing department and one was for the administrative KUDS staff. It was a very full week but very fun and informative as usual. I can honestly say that I have not been bored and I have learned at least three new things about the industry every day!
During the weekend Lanie went to go see some family and I decided to hang back and get some work and studying done. On Saturday I hiked and swam a bit at Clinton Lake. It was awesome to see all the boaters out there! The 4th was a pretty lazy day for Lanie and I. After an afternoon of chilling and relaxing we got some frozen yogurt a Three Spoons and headed on down to see the Lawrence fireworks.
This week has started of great in catering and I cant wait to tell y'all more about it later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment