Sunday, July 24, 2011

Anna- KU Week 7 !!!

Wow! I can not believe this is almost my last week. Time has gone by so fast and I have learned SO much. This week we were very busy getting ready for our Wizard of Oz event. The most time- consuming part was the monkey wings! But they came out great. We had some confusion at first with recipes and had a little issue with the plantains but all the food came out wonderfully. I got to be Dorothy so that was a lot of fun. Lots of people wanted to take pictures with me, I felt like a movie star. My favorite part was how everyone came together to get everything done. I really had an amazing time planning and managing the event and I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as Lanie and I did.
This week we also had our final presentation to the managers and directors at KUDS at the leadership meeting that takes place once a month. It took up a good chunk of the meeting, but it would have been impossible to fit seven weeks into a short presentation. We were sure to make a few jokes here and there to keep everyone interested and awake! I hope that our presentation got the main idea across of how thankful we were for everyone's hospitality and knowledge they were willing to share with us.
For our last weekend Lanie and I took it easy and we are certainly going to try and squeeze as much out of the last week as possible. Can't believe its almost over, I am certainly going to miss everyone and everything in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment