Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Checking out Monk's Bread

Today, I went with the management team to a nearby monastery to explore the idea of bringing in some bread and cake products they produce there. It was a very fun (and informative!) trip. Not only did I get to see even more of the beautiful Western New York scenery, but I also got to see a great local bread shop.

I love it when large-scale food services try to source local products, even more so knowing that they often incur an increased food cost and delivery challenge to do so.

So far, my internship experience has been superb. I don't just feel like an extra set of hands around campus - everyone here is legitimately interested in teaching me how and why they do things the way they do. I couldn't dream of a better internship experience - and I still have 6 weeks left!

Photos to come later of the bread adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment