Monday, July 18, 2011

Anna- KU Week 6 !!!



This week in catering I learned a lot about service and a lot of neat new ways to fold napkins! We got to help out with a bunch of different events, including new student orientation. I was a little crazy how long it took to get ready for NSO and then within about 15 minutes everything was a mess. I also learned, from working a bridge club event, that out have to serve from the right and pick up on the left. These were some awesome things to learn since they can help me in my future as a caterer. I also got to meet some other catering people close to my own age, they were really nice and even invited us to go to the lake with them on Sunday. Thursday was a very exciting day for us! We got to use all the skills we learned in catering to run our own event. We got to take care of the reception at the Dole Center for an event put on by politician, Barbara Ballard. It was a lot of fun setting everything up and then helping out later with the dinner. I was nervous about doing the event but it was exciting to have the opportunity to do it.
On Friday we got to go to the Roasterie!!!!! It was awesome, they are so passionate about their coffee. My favorite was the coffee ice cream!! I think I must have eaten almost the whole pint! I got some cute little presents there, including two burlap sacks that the coffee comes in!!! I plan on making a purse or something out of them! This week is our Wizard of Oz event, it should be awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment