Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 26, 2011 - Mizzou

Today we worked at the convenience store again at Hitt Street Market doing inventory. Inventory is counted here only twice a year. While the dining halls collect inventory once a week. During inventory, we counted every single item. For example, if there were 284 piece of taffy, we counted every single piece. The store was broken up into different sections and each staff member was assigned to a specific section in the store. I'm glad that they don't have to count inventory once a week, like the dining halls, because they have a lot of product to count.

Yesterday we went to St. Louis to see the Cardinals play at the Busch Stadium. It was my first professional sports/baseball game I've ever gone to! It was so much fun and I would definitely go again, even though they did not win. We were able to get discounted tickets and go with a group because it was Mizzou day. While we were in St. Louis we were able to walk around for a while and see the arch - which was cool! Below is a picture from the game. Megan is on the left, she is interning for Res Life at Mizzou (and also lives with Sara and me). I'm in the middle, and Sara is on the right. Going to the game was so much fun, I would totally go again!



Tomorrow we are going on a field trip to see the meat lab - more details will follow on my next post.

1 comment: