Sunday, June 26, 2011

"LET THE BIG DAWGS EAT!"





Hi,

I pray everyone had a blessed week from the last update. A lot has occurred since then at the University of Georgia. This past week I got to shadow 4 different managers at the different dining commons. I enjoyed following the different managers. I was able to observe the different manager styles from manager to manager. Each manager I shadowed had diverse styles that I will be able to use in the near future. I learned how to manage each dining commons (Snelling, The Village Summit, and Tate CafĂ©). Another exciting part of my week was being able to shadow the Executive Director Mr. Michael Floyd for 12 hours. We were able to assist the orientation team with the 2011-2012 freshman of UGA. While shadowing the Executive Director Mr. Floyd, we were able to sit in an interview for a potential chef for the catering team. We (the interns) were able to ask the potential chef questions during the interview. The end of the week we went to an assistant managers training workshop at Botanical Gardens. The Director of food services Jeanne Fry hosted the workshop. It was a way to bring all the assistant managers from the different dining commons together to share information and educate. It was truly a learning experience to be able to read and discuss the book “Gung Ho.” All the managers had to read the book before the workshop. After reading the book, it can now assist me with managing my employees in the future. Special thanks to Ms. Nicole for providing Adam and I with a ride to the workshop. This week ahead of us will be another exciting one. Stay tuned and I pray everyone else is having a great time like I am with the wonderful employees at UGA. Before I go I would like to leave you'll with this quote: “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.”- David Rockefeller




Stay Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment