Friday, June 24, 2011

Update from Montana State University

It's been a while since I have posted, we've been so busy!

Last week Paul our supervisor was gone but we took the time to gather a lot of nutrition data to be entered into Computrtion and continue to work on our projects. 

We had a meeting with the representative from Kerry Beverage and got to sample smoothie products that we have decided to put on the menu's for fall.  The representative shared that she had become a registered dietitian right out of college but after working in a kitchen and meeting so many sales people she felt more drawn to that as a career.  I thought that was very interesting and a good reminder for me who is always trying to plan the future that you never know where your going to end up.

We also were able to tour the football stadium with Ron the concessions manager. They are adding on to the stadium including a whole new concessions area. After the tour I can honestly say that a football team and big stadium would have improved my own college experience. It was very exciting to get a behind the scenes tour of the whole stadium and talk about new "upscale concessions" items that they are thinking of adding for the fall.





Check out that sky!!!!! ^


This week we have had a bunch of meeting and a couple tastings.  Just to hilight a couple because I dont want to write and essay...


We met with the foodservice director for the local elementary and highschools.  He owns a cook-chill kitchen and seems to do a really good job preparing good food for his students.  His ideas were progressive and I was impressed.  It was awesome to have the opportunity to ask him questions. 


I set up a meeting with the representative from Carbon Waffles and he came this week.  He brough samples and he is working on fixing all of our broken irons.  It was cool to be in charge of running a meeting.  I felt good about it. 


Today 15 cases of ice cream novelty samples showed up at Miller Dining Hall with my name on them so I can do a taste testing for the managers tomorrow. SO MUCH ICE CREAM! I think that this tasting shoudl be pretty enjoyable!


We have been doing a lot of work entering new items in computriton and updating order guides for the fall because we have a meeting with our distributor next week so we have to be ready! A lot of work but its going well. 


I wish I had more pictures to share! Hopefully I get some good ones at the ice cream tasting tomorrow and through next week.  We are all going camping this weekend and I hear the secenery is beautiful.  Hopefully the weather is nice though because its been very unpredictable, but I hear thats the completely normal out here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment