Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Week 2 in Geneseo, NY!

What a busy, busy week!

This weekend, Chef invited me over to her house for dinner - it was awesome. Everyone I've met here is so nice, and I love how eager everyone is to show me the hot spots in the area. Apparently, one of the "must-haves" of my time spent up here is a something called Garbage Plate. Stay tuned for how that goes...

This week started the new student orientations here at SUNY Geneseo. For the incoming freshmen (and their parents) we do a buffet-style dinner and breakfast, which was completely new to me. I learned quickly from the managers and student supervisors, and (hopefully) have the hang of keeping the buffet lines full and functional.

I've also spent some time at Books and Bytes, Geneseo's in-library cafe where students and other campus dwellers can grab a quick sandwich, salad, or cup of coffee. One of my main projects this summer will be to analyze the space at Books and Bytes, more affectionately known as B&B, and write up suggestions on how to improve the space. It's a particularly challenging spot - there is limited storage space and a crowded seating space during the school year.

Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment